December 13, 2010

My Very Random Thoughts...

Christmas is in twelve days! Can you believe it? I have a feeling December will come and go just as fast as November did. :(

Guess what I made this week? I pulled out my Bakerella book {love it!} and made some Santa hat cake pops. They were pretty sorry looking... a lot more lumpy than the perfection Bakerella wows us with. So, I'm off to Hobby Lobby tomorrow to get me some more candy melts, and I'm starting over! I have confidence the second {ahem, third round} will be picture worthy.

I rented out the Canon 50 mm f/1.2 lens today to play around with and see if it is worth the $$$$. Anyone have one of these beauties? How does it compare to the 1.4? I'd be interested in your thoughts.

I love watching Christmas movies. But you wouldn't have guessed that last Christmas... I don't think I watched one. So sad. But this year, we are making up for it. I guess we've been in a Jim Carrey mood, because the two movies we've watched so far were ones he acted in: The Christmas Carol and The Grinch who stole Christmas. Loved both of them! Tonight when Josh gets home from work, we are going to watch Home Alone {love that movie!}. Have you watched any lately? What are your favorites?

I really wanted to make this wreath to add to my Christmas decor this year... but I'm guessing it's not going happen. Maybe next year? Have you noticed the trend? I kind of have a thing for wreaths.

Josh finally broke down and let me buy a candle that wasn't a $2 cheapie from Target. Not that they are bad, I was just going through them every other day. So Josh finally gave into my pleas for a longer lasting candle, and we went to White Barn Candle Company in the mall the other day. And guess what?! They were having a sale! Lucky me, right? :) So we ended up buying two of them. Josh picked one out {can't remember the name of it} and I chose the Eucalyptus Spearmint candle. It smells aaamazing!

Oh, oh, oh guess what else I got? Can't believe I haven't told you yet. A new iPhone 4!!! My in-laws were planning on surprising me with it for Christmas, but they ended up getting it for me a little early because Radio Shack was having an awesome discount on the iPhone. I am loving it!

Speaking of the iPhone, all you iPhone users out there, have you heard of the 99 cent app called Cuptakes? It is an app full of custom designed wallpapers for not only the iPhone, but also the iPod touch, and iPad. There are already like 60 something to choose from now, but they say they are working on many more. You must check it out here. I love my new background!

Not long ago, we opened up a new bank account, and it wasn't long before my debit card came in the mail. I hadn't even taken it out of the envelope and guess who put it halfway through the shredder. Let me give you three clues. It wasn't Josh. It wasn't me. And it wasn't Einstein.

And last but not least...

Someone asked me today if I was engaged??? Can someone explain that one to me?

Photobucket

9 comments:

jillian sara said...

I have watched home alone as well! Also have watched four christmass. Have you seen it? Sooo funny! Hope you like your new candle! Once again ... love your blog girl!

Lindsey Jo said...

i love nice candles. they really are worth it. and you should make that wreath, so cute! congrats on your engagement ;)

Chrissy said...

We've been watchin those movies,too! Leonie loves all of the Home Alone ones! I love The Polar Express...always tears me up!! It is just so incredibly heartwarming!
Yay to your new iPhone...I want one, too...we'll see what Santa thinks about that?!
And what was that about being engaged??? Weird?

Have an awesome day!!

Brittney @ britandtheboys said...

love your random post. most days this is how I feel, yet I pick ONE thing to blog about! Love that wreath... so pretty. I have been wreath crazy the past week.. I will post pictures soon :) Love home alone!! The kids love it, although there are a couple inappropriate words.. they look at each other and giggle (while I pray they don't say them)!! We LOVE Elf, The Santa Clause and many others.. My grown up favorite Christmas movie is Love Actually. I usually watch it on Christmas Eve with a nice glass of Bailey's while wrapping the last few gifts! Have a great day Libby!

Amanda said...

My favorite Christmas movie would have to be Miracle on 34th Street - both the new and old versions are great. They make me cry about the whole way through! :)

Melanie said...

I love Christmas movies. I buy a new Christmas movie every year, so I have a nice collection if you want to borrow any. I love My IPhone, but still have an IPhone 3. I use photos for my wallpaper. Right now I have a cute picture of our dog. Let me know if you need suggestions on some good apps. I have many.

TheBabyMammaChronicles said...

Haha, love all the random thoughts! Good luck on your next batch of cake pops, looking forward to pics. Very exciting on the new iPhone!

Jeska said...

iPhone needs to come to Verizon! I'm dying to get my hands on that phone. The droid is terrible, I don't understand how so many people like it! It doesn't compare to the iphone (way to slow). And no I can't believe Christmas is in 12 days! Still so much shopping to do!!

Unknown said...

my fave xmas movie is elf lol. Or muppets christmas carol.. light the lamp not the rat light the lamp not the rat!! i know alll the words for singing along.

Take photos of your cake pops!! i want to see!