February 05, 2010

2 Requests, a Praise, & Noah's Sweet Face

Would you mind praying for two people who are near to my heart?

I found out today my grandmother, Gigi {doesn't she have the cutest grandma name?}, is in the hospital. She lives in the frozen tundra, also known as Amarillo, and two days ago fell down the front steps of her house as she was on her way to get the mail. She laid shivering in the snow for about 15 minutes until she could muster up the strength to find her way to bed. Later that evening when she woke up, she got out of bed to use the restroom, and then she could not get back into bed because of the accident. After two days, she decided she should go to the hospital. Amazingly, she had no broken bones -- just some bruising and a pretty banged up, swollen knee. However, they are keeping her in the hospital for a couple of days to closely monitor her kidneys. My heart breaks for my precious Gigi, and I can't imagine the amount of pain she has been in. Would you pray for her? Please pray for rest and strength; pray for answers to the kidney problems and for healing of her pain.

My second prayer request is for my father-in-law, Darrell. Lately he has been having swelling in his legs and numbness all over. Two days ago, he went to the hospital for a nerve test. Basically this test is used to detect signs of nerve damage. He found out he has Neuropathy, which means there is damage to his nerves, and it's been caused by either a disease of the nerve or as a side effect of a specific systemic illness. Wow, I feel like I'm back in nursing school. So they drew a bunch of blood and ran some tests to try to figure out what is causing the Neuropathy. The doctor called and said every single one of the tests came back normal {which seems like a great thing}, but there is still the uncertainty of what is causing the nerve damage. So in effort to get to the bottom of this, the doctor referred Darrell to a neurologist. Apparently the wait for this specific neurologist is several months, because they told him not to expect an appointment before July. Would you please pray for Darrell? Please pray for answers to what is causing his Neuropathy, for peace, for relief of his symptoms, and for an appointment sooner than what he was told.

And I have a praise to share with you! Remember Nanny? She was in the hospital for back surgery, and ended up on the ventilator in the Intensive Care Unit for a night or two. Nanny has been home a little over a week now, and doing well! Praise the Lord for his answer to our prayers!

And as I always say, "What's a post without a picture {especially a picture of sweet little Noah}."

Photobucket

Goodnight!

5 comments:

The montoya said...

whats the new additions??

The Bonjour Four said...

You will just have to wait and see Shalyn. ;)

Angie said...

I will pray for Gigi, Darrell and Nanny. Thanks for sharing! Love that picture of Noah! :)

Erica Nye said...

Oh wow! I haven't talked to Grandma in awhile which is not normal, so I had no idea about Darrell. I will pray for him and Gigi!

Megan J. Slane said...

My dad had severe neuropathy in his feet that was caused from his diabetes. He was in pain all the time, and often I would see him crying because he hurt so bad. Please tell Darrell that I'm praying for him and for the rest of ya'll, too. I'll pray foryour grandmother too. I know what those falls feel like. I fell about 3 weeks ago when A-town got that big dumping of snow and I've been having problems with my left foot hurting and swelling. I went to the ER last night because I had trouble getting my shoe on yesterday before I went to work, and I have a heel spur (which I knew I had), and I have 2 chipped bones in my foot too. Have you ever heard of a "TailBeak"? That is what the ER doctor also told me that I had. I've been referred to an Orthopedic Surgeon for follow-up.

Ya'll stay safe down there! Hope to see ya'll soon!!