January 02, 2010

Noah's First Haircut

We did it! Noah got his first haircut. And let me tell you, he is lookin' like a little stud muffin. While we were in Amarillo to celebrate Christmas with Josh's family, we decided it was the perfect time to take Noah to get his hair cut. It was definitely time for a cut; in fact, it was way past due. His hair was so long.

So we decided to call Machelle, a friend of mine from middle school & my hairstylist, to cut little Noah's hair. I knew she would do a good job, and I knew she wouldn't mind me taking a bazillion pictures while she cut his hair.

Mr. Noah is a happy little guy most mornings, so I decided it would probably be a good idea to make the appointment early. The girl on the other line asked me what time I wanted. My response {while consciously aware that I was forfeiting both mine and Josh's sleep} was, "earliest possible." She said, "Is 9 am good?" "Yep, that's good, thank you." You can imagine how thrilled Josh was when I informed him of our 9 am hair appointment.

Here are a few {oh, it was so hard to choose} of the bazillion pictures I took. Noah did great! We were so proud of him. He was content & happy during most of his haircut. Wait. Never mind. I think the correct term would be he tolerated it. But he really was such a good boy {especially after Machelle gave him not one, but two suckers}.

Photobucket

I love the middle picture above. His expression just makes me laugh. "Mom, you have some explaining to do."

When Machelle started cutting his hair it was so funny because he kept moving his head away from her. He definitely didn't like what she was doing to him.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Imagine that! A little dum dum fixed it all. This is the point where he starts tolerating.

Photobucket

All done! Isn't he just so cute?! And he looks so grown up too {sad face}.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Before I go I want to wish my Mom a Happy Birthday! Hope you had a great day. We all love you!

Goodnight everyone!

2 comments:

Sarah Brown said...

Adorable! Sorry it's a little late... I'm behind in my reading.

Angie said...

Oh Beuatiful pictures! Trent's first haircut he cried and scared just like Noah! After that he fine...Sure do miss Trent! :(