January 21, 2010

Let's Talk Asian Grilled Chicken

Tonight for dinner we had Asian Grilled Chicken, and I thought I'd share this {easy!} fabulous new recipe with you. So brace yourself. This chicken is gonna blow your socks off. It is a low fat, low point {3.3 points-- if you are doing weight watchers}, very tasty chicken recipe.

So let's get started, shall we?

The great thing about this recipe is that it doesn't require many ingredients. I try to steer clear of complicated recipes {you know, the ones that have a whole page of ingredients}. I prefer the recipes that have 8 or 9 ingredients max, so when I found this recipe and was able to count the ingredients on my fingers, I decided to try it out. And I'm so glad I did. It is yummmmy! Ok enough talking. Let's get down to business.

This is what you need:

- 6 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts (3 oz each)

And for the marinade:

Photobucket

- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds {Neighborhood Walmart didn't have these... so sad}
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 tsp sesame oil

Ok. So now that we have our chicken and ingredients for the marinade, let's begin.

Combine all the marinade ingredients in a small bowl. Then pour the mixture over the chicken, turn the pieces to coat evenly, and cover and place in refrigerator a minimum of three hours, but preferably overnight.

Photobucket

It's always nice to have a buddy in the kitchen with you while you're cooking to keep you company. Einstein was my buddy today, and you can tell he had one thing on his mind: chicken.

Photobucket

Next {we're almost done by the way}...

Preheat your grill to high. Grill one side of the chicken first until well browned {about five minutes}, then turn and cook the other side for about three more minutes. Then transfer the cooked chicken to a plate.

Voila!

Photobucket

And, ooh, wouldn't some brown rice & asparagus go wonderfully with the chicken. Yummy!

Photobucket

Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we did. I will definitely be adding it to my recipe book.

-----------------

On a more serious note, I wanted to ask for your prayers for Josh's grandmother, Nanny. She is in the hospital recovering from a recent back surgery. The latest update was that she was able to come off of the ventilator early this evening, so that is a praise in itself! Please pray for healing and strength as she recovers from her surgery. Thanks so much!

Here is a precious picture of Nanny holding Noah when he was 3 weeks old. I can't believe Noah was ever that small!

Photobucket

Have a fabulous evening! Goodnight.

2 comments:

Linda P. said...

That chicken looked great! Praying for Nanny.

Angie said...

YUMMY!! Thanks for take pictures of those an idea! I will try this new receipe....Your smart to show all ingredients! You are the BEST!