February 16, 2009

New Discoveries

I am amazed at the changes a baby makes over the span of just a couple of months. While I was scrap booking the other day, I was looking back at pictures of Noah's birth, and could not believe how many changes have taken place. My baby is growing up way too fast, and I know all of you who have children can relate.

Those of you who know me well, know I have a thing for babies. I'm not sure what draws me to those sweet little creatures. There is something about the innocence, the delicate skin, the smell, the dependence on someone for care that captivates my heart when it comes to babies. I have wanted to work with babies for as long as I can remember. My mom has pictures of me at a very young age of pretending to feed my twin babies. I wish I had the picture to post because it is actually quite funny. Babies bring joy to my heart. Despite the many challenging times at work, I am so thankful for the privilege of caring for newborn babies.

Speaking of babies, I am partial to one in particular. I can not even begin to put into words how much God has blessed my life with Noah. I love being a mother! Every day I thank God for his life. I can not imagine my life without Noah in it. As much as I loved the newborn stage, I have greatly enjoyed watching Noah grow and discover new things. He has so much personality, and anytime a person smiles at him, it's for certain you will get a heart warming smile back. He is learning so quickly, and it has been so much fun watching him discover new things. I wanted to share with you some of his new discoveries.

Noah has learned to sit in his high chair. He has discovered toys and is starting to pick things up, and you know where they are going. All in the mouth or on the floor...



Noah has recently learned to hold the bottle all by himself. What a big boy! There are sometimes when he decides he would rather have mommy or daddy hold it for him.



Noah has discovered his hands and feet. Especially now that he is teething, I have noticed it soothes him to chew on his fingers. The other night when Noah was in the bath, he kept grabbing his feet trying to bring his toes close enough to suck on them. As soon as he got his foot close enough to get his toes in his mouth, his foot would slip out of his hand. I think he tried 20 times... and he finally did it!





When we take family walks, Noah now sits in the stroller without the carseat attachment. Noah loves to watch everything around him when we go outside.



Noah has discovered Einstein! Einstein fascinates him. He will just stare at Einstein and watch his every move. Many times Noah will reach over and touch or pull at Einstein's hair. Thank goodness Einstein has a little, ok a lot, of extra skin.



Noah is learning to sit. Sometimes he topples over, but everyday he is getting closer and closer to sitting up without support.



Noah has learned how to eat his baby cereal from a spoon. It did not take him long to figure it out. Noah will lean forward with his mouth open for more. Now he is moving on to baby food! By the way... remember the post about the sippy cup? Well Noah is getting the hang of it now. He still makes funny faces when he drinks from it, but he has made a lot of progress since that post.



Hasn't he learned so much?! It amazes me.

Words alone cannot express the love I have for Noah. Of all the blessings God has poured out on my life, Noah is the greatest of those blessings. Thank you Lord for Noah and for giving me the awesome privilege of being his mother.

Have a wonderful Monday! -- Libby

No comments: